Statement of Privacy / Data Protection
IMPORTANT NOTE: The details of this Statement of Privacy reference the rigolshop.eu website. This website is the sole RIGOL E-Commerce website that markets to EU citizens. Other domains including rigolna.com and rigolcanada.com are for North American citizens and may not provide the same level of data privacy. Please use the rigolshop.eu site learning about and shopping for RIGOL products and services within the EU and for any EU citizens.
The companies of the RIGOL TECHNOLOGIES EU GMBH (hereinafter respectively referred to as RIGOL) are committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. This statement informs you about the data protection practices on RIGOL websites, including what type of data is gathered on these websites, how the data is used and with whom the data is shared.
In general, you can visit and browse through the RIGOL websites without revealing any personal data. RIGOL does, however, collect the information provided by your Internet provider, in particular your IP address. This information is analyzed in anonymous form for statistical purposes.
RIGOL by default also automatically collects anonymous information from your visits to its websites to provide you with improved service. For example, RIGOL saves information on the domains from which you visit the websites of RIGOL, your IP address and your activities on the websites of RIGOL. RIGOL analyzes this information, however in a manner that ensures, and does not affect, the anonymity of the information. This anonymous information is used and analyzed only at an aggregate level to help RIGOL understand trends and patterns and improve its website. None of this information is analyzed at a personalized level.
RIGOL may collect the anonymous information through the use of various technologies, including, in particular, cookies. A cookie is an element of data that a website can send to your browser, and which may then be stored on your computer system. You can set your browser to inform you when a cookie is received, thus enabling you to decide whether to accept it or not. More information you can find on allaboutcookies.org.
Furthermore, RIGOL uses its websites to collect only such personal data that you have explicitly and voluntarily made available. In some cases, for example, RIGOL may require certain information from you, such as your name and (e-mail) address, in order to contact you, react to an order, provide you with a subscription, or as described in the respective sections of the website where your personal data is collected. This includes, but is not limited to, answering your questions about products or services, or processing event registrations or orders. All service provider companies are committed to applicable data protection regulations by RIGOL.
Once you have disclosed your personal data, RIGOL (and, where applicable, its service provider companies) shall process this data exclusively for the purposes of pursuing the business relationship with you or for other purposes that are either stated on the RIGOL website or have been agreed otherwise. The use of the data for purposes other than those set out above is prohibited, or permitted only with your consent. RIGOL do not sell your personal data, which you have forwarded to us.
Your personal data shall be treated strictly in accordance with the applicable data protection provisions in the country in which the body responsible for data processing (controller) is based. Furthermore, RIGOL has implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures, such as using encryption for transmission, in order to keep your data secure, current and complete and to protect it from unauthorized access by third parties.
Once you are registered at RIGOL, you may check, correct, cancel or oppose to the use of your personal data that has been collected via the RIGOL websites and processed at RIGOL. To do so, please do not hesitate to send an email to email@example.com
RIGOL Technologies EU GmbH and the rigolshop.eu website is committed to protecting your online privacy and personal information. This document describes the types of data we collect and how it is stored and used as well as your points of contact for any questions, inquiries, or comments. We also explain how you can influence the collection and use of your personal information.
If you pass personal data on to us, you can be sure that this information is used solely to maintain your business relationship with Rigol Technologies EU GmbH or in one of the ways set out in this statement.
What data is collected
rigolshop.eu collects data and/or used cookies in several ways:
- We use Google Analytics and Google Adwords beacons or cookies to track website functionality and usage in generally anonymous ways. Some of this data is associated with cookies, user identifiers, or advertising identifiers. Google Analytics User and Event data is only retained for 14 months. This data is not used to identify, sell, or market to individuals.
- Similarly, some log files are recorded containing general information including IP address, operating system, browser, date & time, sites visited. This data is also only used for technical operation of the website.
- We use a marketing automation toolkit (Act-On) that includes beacons or cookies to track individual activity through the site including downloads, page visits, and other behaviors. This data contains IP address information and may be connected to data from previous sessions or forms filled out including email, name, and additional information. This data is used for selling and marketing activities by RIGOL.
- We use forms often including information such as email address, phone, or physical address information. This information is used in cases where you would like to request a quotation or place an order to verify the appropriate shipping, tax, and product selections. We may request some personal data at other locations on the site where we believe the best way to respond to your question or need is through further communication.
- Some areas of this website include embedded 3rd party web content such as YouTube videos. Some of these tools, including YouTube, may capture additional data that is not stored or controlled by us. For instance, YouTube may use videos you have chosen to watch to inform future video options.
- Registration and Logging in requires a verified email address to make certain the data you access is yours. Emails in this support site are only accessible for the purpose of responding to and organizing specific support requests that are specifically created by the user.
Who has access to the data
As stated above, some data may be shared with 3rd party partners within the EU for the purpose of providing RIGOL service and support locally to customers and potential customers. A good example of this would be a quotation request that is shared with a local partner who has the available inventory to get the best price and lead time for a request.
When an order is placed directly on the website other information is collected. RIGOL does not collect or store payment information, but this data might be collected by our payment service providers:
510 Townsend Street
San Francisco, CA 94103, USA
Attention: Stripe Legal
PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A.
22-24 Boulevard Royal
We use shipping service providers based in a state outside the European Union. The transfer of personal data to this company takes place only in the context of the need to fulfill the contract.
RIGOL also uses the data internally (for those who have opted in) to make certain customers and potential customers are aware of the latest products, promotions, services, and RIGOL news. RIGOL does not sell or share this data for any other purposes.
www.shop.rigol.eu may contain links to other websites. This statement of privacy does not cover these other websites and RIGOL cannot assume any responsibility whatsoever, neither for the privacy practices nor the content of these other websites.
Email newsletters, offers, and updates
You may be contacted by RIGOL if you make a specific request that is best responded to via direct communication. This may be via email, phone, or other methods depending on the type of request. If you have filled out a web form providing consent you may receive more general marketing emails. You will only receive these newsletters if you have given your explicit consent. You can remove or alter your consent at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link on any of our general emails or by contacting the person named below under the Contact Info section.
Accessing, Updating, or Deleting Data
To access, update, or delete your data please send your request directly to the contact info listed below or click the Privacy Setting button in your account and select your actions with data.
For any questions or requests regarding your data or RIGOL’s data policies please contact:
RIGOL Technologies EU GmbH
You have the following rights:
- according to Art. 15 GDPR, the right to demand information on the personal data processed by us in the scope specified therein;
- in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR the right to demand without delay the correction of incorrect or complete personal data stored with us;
- according to Art. 17 GDPR the right to demand the deletion of your personal data stored by us, unless further processing, to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information; to fulfill a legal obligation; for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise, or defend legal claims is required;
- according to Art. 18 GDPR the right to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data, as far as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you; the processing is illegal, but you reject its deletion; we no longer need the data, but you need it for asserting, exercising or defending legal claims or You filed an objection against the processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR
- according to Art. 20 GDPR the right to receive your personal data, which you have provided us, in a structured, common, and machine-readable format or to request the transfer to another person responsible;
- according to Art. 77 GDPR the right to complain to a supervisory authority. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or work or our company headquarters.
For questions about the collection, processing or use of your personal data, information, correction, blocking or deletion of data, and revocation of granted consent or objection to a particular use of data, please contact us directly via the contact details in our imprint.
Details on cookies
COOKIES ON rigolshop.eu
Cookies are small text files stored on your device when you access most websites on the internet.
However, please be aware that restricting or blocking cookies set on rigolshop.eu may impact the functionality or performance of the website, or prevent you from using certain services provided through rigolshop.eu. It will also affect our ability to update rigolshop.eu to cater for user preferences and improve performance.